Bathroom Remodeling Ideas with Classic Bathroom Tiles
Bathroom remodeling Ideas is one of the best ways of preparing a home for sale. After kitchen remodels, bathroom remodels are next in raising the sales value of your home. Bathroom remodeling ideas need not be reserved for a house that is to be sold, however. You can enjoy a bathroom remodel now, and know that it will be an advantage when the time comes to sell the home.
So you have finally finished that bathroom remodeling Ideas project by installing the last tile square, and applied that final coat of paint. The plumbing has been buttoned up and everything looks to be just how you pictured it in your head before you started. So where do you go from here? Do you have any other ideas that didn’t quite make it in? One thing you can consider doing is to add some small finishing touches to the room that will enhance all the hard work you just did, and bring the atmosphere to a whole new level.
We decided to put together a small list of bathroom remodeling ideas to really give the room a personal touch, and finish the room completely:
1 – Hang a shelf on a wall, and use it to display your collectibles or other decor.
2 – Fill antique bowls or shaving mugs with toiletries, such as soaps or bath salts.
3 – If you have a larger room, try adding a wicker chair or similar piece of outdoor furniture.
4 – Be generous in your use of mirrors on the walls. They will make the room appear larger and more open.
5 – Colorwash your wood cabinets to give them character.
6 – Try applying a colored stain to revive those old wood cabinets. Use a light-colored stain for the background and then apply a brighter color to some of the drawers to create a contrast.
7 – Always have fresh flowers or flowering plants on hand for fragrance and appearance. Put them in an old watering can or vase.
8 – Should your bathroom have a linen closet with a door, try replacing that door with a framed trellis.
9 – Frame in your mirror over the sink with tiles, perhaps alternating colors or styles in them.
10 – Install a brand new shower curtain. A cloth curtain will be more expensive, but it will also look nicer. You can also try a nylon or cotton curtain as long as you find one in a suitable color. Try to avoid anything plastic as it will look cheap and probably won’t last as long. Plus any stains will be magnified on it.
11 – With a multi-colored curtain, choose new linens in colors that reflect those of the curtain. For a striped shower curtain, get some solid towels in coordinating colors. Try not to match the pattern exactly because it will take away from the rest of the room.
The home’s bathrooms are the rooms of heavy use. As such, they get a lot of wear and time. They also are seen many times each day. Bathroom remodels can keep your baths looking good and functioning properly.
There are many ways that you can remodel a bathroom. Here are a few ideas.
1. Wall Tiles: Most contractors will tell you that 4 by 4 inch wall tiles are outdated. Replace them with 8 by 13 inch glazed ceramic tiles. The new tiles will be attractive and will help prevent mold. They will also keep your lower walls from being damaged by splashes from faucets. As part of your bathroom remodeling, paint the upper walls, and run a decorative border of tiles between lower wall tiles and the upper, painted wall.
2. Floor tiles: Visible, light flooring can create a feeling of increased space. If your bathroom remodeling project is, at least in part, because your bathroom seems small, install 12 by 12 inch light-colored floor tiles diagonally. The lines and the light color will give the illusion of much more space.
3. Heated Floor: Before you lay those floor tiles, consider heated floor as part of your bathroom remodeling project. Your whole family will appreciate them, and when it comes time to sell your home, heated bathroom floors will be an enormous selling point.
4. Vanity: Use your bathroom remodeling as an opportunity to get clean, free lines. Replace the vanity with a new “floating” type that does not touch the floor. Choose one with a granite or marble countertop. If you like the granite when you’re done, your bathroom remodeling project can prepare you for replacing kitchen countertops later. You may want a granite vanity top with one of the new vessel sinks.
5. Faucets: Faucets at the sink and tub are a wonderful place to begin a bathroom remodeling project. Once thought utilitarian, faucets have become stylish fixtures. At little cost, you can replace yours with vintage Victorian faucets, or sleek bamboo faucets resembling the bamboo fountain in an Asian garden.
6. Toilets: Relocating a toilet can call for major bathroom remodeling. Replacing it, however, is a simpler task, and can quickly update an old bathroom. If you want to further update your bath, consider adding a bidet. This bathroom remodeling project may require a contractor.
7. Lighting: Much bathroom remodeling falls short of its goal because overhead lighting is allowed to remain. While moisture resistant can lights above tub or shower can be helpful, an overhead light should be replaced by wall lights to increase the value of your bath.
8. Shower: If space allows, consider adding a separate shower to your bath area. Keep the tub for a spa-like retreat, but install a shower, too, with body sprays. If you like the natural, spa idea, look for a shower that has stone surround tile. This bathroom remodeling idea is bound to increase the value of your home.
9. Colors: The simplest bathroom remodeling project, and often an effective one, is to change the colors in the bathroom. If the bathroom remodel is being done to increase home value for sale, avoid unusual color combinations. Apply the tried and true 60-30-10 rule to your colors: 60 percent of your bathroom should be a dominant color, 30 percent a secondary color, and 10 percent an accent color.
Bathroom Remodeling Ideas are many because people have many different tastes. Different locations also inspire different ideas. Bathroom remodeling in Seattle is bound to be different from bathroom remodeling in Pensacola. Many things will come to bear on your Bathroom Remodeling Ideas, but in the end, you should create something peaceful and functional for you and your family.
These are just a few things we thought of. Most important thing is to be creative and experiment until you are happy. Your bathroom will be frequented by many visitors, and can become a statement of your unique personality or style. Don’t let any self doubt deter you from having the bathroom of your dreams. And even though the bulk of the work is done, any new Bathroom Remodeling Ideas can be implemented at a later date. Consider your home a work in progress and have fun doing it.